Chewy Influencer: The Honest Kitchen Proper Toppers for Dogs

Nocci LOVED the Honest Kitchen Proper Toppers (Grain Free Chicken Recipe). I gave him a topper as a treat, and he immediately ran away with it and started whining. My little Nocci has cried over bones before, but he has never cried over treats. He walked around crying until he found the perfect spot to enjoy the topper in private.

It use to make me really nervous when he would do this but after googling (what else is new), I found out that dogs do this for a couple of reasons: they consider the item to be of high value, an instinct to bury the item and save it for later, seeking a peaceful place to enjoy it, and/or excitement. After watching Nocci cry over a bone for about an hour this past winter, my ongoing theory became that he knew he couldn't finish it all at once and could not find the "perfect" place to hide it. I ultimately had to take away the bone because he was crying over it late at night. Luckily, Nocci ate his toppers and ceased whining rather quickly this time. 

I used Nocci's kibble with the topper, and he took one topper away at a time to eat in another room. Since the toppers are bigger than his kibble, he can easily eat the toppers and leave the kibble behind. In that sense, the toppers are better as treats for Nocci.

The toppers are an excellent source of protein to supplement your pup's regular meals. The Proper Toppers are made of 90% real human grade chicken #gains. The other 10% consists of superfoods and antioxidant-rich ingredients such as, apples, pumpkins, chard and blueberries. The toppers are made in the USA #makedogtreatsgreatagain. 

Nocci and I both approve!

Disclaimer: I received these goodies free of charge from Chewy.com in an exchange for my honest review. #ChewyInfluencer